We are currently seeking interns for the summer 2013 offseason.
The Johnstown Tomahawks Internship Program provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable, first-hand experience working in the field of sports. Those college students wishing to pursue careers in Sports Management, PR/Communications, Community Relations and Game-Day Events, and Sales/Marketing are encouraged to apply. Our interns are an integral part of the Tomahawks organization and are given the opportunity to directly contribute their knowledge and talents to the team. We are seeking highly-motivated and hard-working individuals who share a passion for hockey and a desire to further their education.
Please find brief descriptions of various intern responsibilities by department below.
Exact hours and time requirements vary depending on the type of internship, but all interns must be available for some office hours and game nights, with the exception of summer interns. All internships are unpaid, and interns must be receiving college credit.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Public Relations Manager Suzanne Grove at email@example.com. Also, please feel free to call (814) 536-4625 if you have any questions or concerns.
PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
SALES & TICKETING
• Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing and promotional plans for ticket sales.
• Complete cold calls and harvest leads for season ticket sales. Conduct appointments with prospective clients, maintain details records of clients and prospects.
• Staff sales tables during game days events and community events.
• Develop and distribute flyers, posters, and other promotional materials.
• Attend office hours and training sessions and complete office duties as needed.
• Sell all ticket plans, including individual game tickets, season tickets, and flex plans.
• Assist with the selling of Tomahawks official merchandise during home games and team and community events.
• Assist with game operations, including running intermission activities, contests, giveaways, and other in-game promotions.
• Help schedule, organize, set up, and run community events.
• Help with the daily office operations, including merchandise inventory, game log updates, game set up, and game scripts.